Did you know that a DUI/DWI arrest in Houma or elsewhere in Terrebonne Parish can lead to community service, home monitoring, the loss of your driver’s license, and even jail time?
Did you know that if you are arrested in Terrebonne Parish, anyone can access your arrest record? Any employer or future employer will be able to check this information easily. An arrest record, as public as this, can damage your reputation and ruin your chances of promotion or employment.
DWI in Houma
A first-offense DWI is a misdemeanor and if you are convicted, you may receive the following penalties for your drinking and driving conviction:
- Up to 6 months in prison or a fine ranging from $300 to $1,000
- Jail time of 48 hours
- A probation period of 2 years, subject to the court’s discretion
- About 30 hours of re-education involving mandatory attendance and completion of three courses in substance abuse, driver improvement, and a MADD victims impact program
- A minimum of 32 hours of community service including trash pick-up
Special penalty requirements for 1st-time DWI:
- If your BAC is higher than .15, then an additional 48 hours of the prison sentence cannot be suspended.
- If your BAC is greater than .20, then 48 hours of mandatory imprisonment, plus a fine of $750 to $1,000, and an ignition interlock device must be installed for a 2 year period.
Top Rated Terrebonne Parish DWI/DUI Lawyers
Robert McMillin has successfully fought DWI charges in Terrebonne Parish. He has prevented incarceration and obtained help for many of the accused who had alcohol or substance abuse problems. His cases are often more complicated than a mere drinking and driving charge. Robert McMillin’s cases include:
- Misdemeanor and Felony DUI
- Underage Drinking
- Out of State DUI
- Open Container Violations
- Vehicular Homicide & Negligent Injury
- Child Endangerment
Many people who have been arrested for DWI needed help, not punishment. We can help you. With decades of experience, advanced training, and a history of winning, Robert D. McMillin is your best bet for defense. His first-rate knowledge, proven expertise and compassion have produced winning defenses time and time again.
Get a FREE case consultation
Louisiana doesn’t allow expungements, so you need to present the best defense against a possible conviction. Call today for a free, private consultation regarding your arrest: 985-643-0316. We’re waiting to listen to your story and evaluate how we can best help you.
Don’t hesitate. Contact Bates and McMillin today!
DWI Resources for Houma, LA
Judicial District: 32
Parish Seat: Houma
32nd Judicial District Court
400 Main Street
Houma, LA 70360